The latest home security options are getting increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still forget to perform simple security duties like arming your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to remember doing these things again? When you implement geofencing in Sioux City, you can just drive off to work and let your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Sioux City For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border around your house, which you are able to customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to communicate with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all elements onto the same network. You can then set up a unique boundary on all sides of your house and assign what actions you want to take place when you go past the boundary.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you can instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the components you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Sioux City. With the security app, you can reap the benefits of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart devices to activate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or deactivate your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera senses strange movements outside.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Make your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Sioux City
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (712) 796-2024 or send in the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.